The principal function of this Senior River Engineer position is to provide support to CH2M in the works we undertake on the WEM programme of works, specifically on the East Hub Appraisal programme.
This programme is seeking to deliver business cases in a more efficient way by developing strong relationships with the local area clients through small dedicated teams. This has seen the East Hub expand rapidly from 4 to 45 projects in less than a year covering all of the Environment Agency’s region in East Anglia. Ultimately, the each team would help the Agency manage and deliver its programme for the whole region.
We are looking for client focused professionals to join our integrated team with the Environment Agency and our supply partners. The East Hub Appraisal programme is driving a step change in the delivery of flood risk management in the UK across the Local Authorities. If you would like to work in a forward thinking collaborative environment with a diverse range of professionals where your ideas, innovation and individuality are nurtured then this is the ideal next step in your career.
Your responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
– Assist with the overall management, coordination and production of the business cases associated with numerous schemes from initial assessment through to the completion of the 5 business case model
– Help co-ordinate the delivery team throughout the project life cycle
– Input into risk management
– Assist/ lead with client engagement and stakeholder consultation
– Develop innovative solutions that deliver the clients brief
– Adopt a proactive approach to innovation, sustainability and delivering cost effective solutions
– Help support and mentor the junior delivery teams
– Participate in regular reviews to identify potential design and buildability issues
– Serve as mentor and coach for more junior employees
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We’re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner ‘Engineers without Borders’, ‘Water for People’ and ‘Bridges to Prosperity’. We’re STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women’s engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.