AECOM’s Water Infrastructure Team are looking for a highly driven Senior Civil Engineer for their Dunlaoghaire office.
Responsible for preparation of Civil/Site Drawings, supporting Calculations and Specifications. You will coordinate the flow of technical documents (requisitions, drawings, specifications, calculations) between interfacing engineering disciplines.
The Water team brings together the skills of project managers, hydrologists, flood engineers, water scientists, numerical modellers, and environmental and planning specialists to provide integrated, sustainable and cost-effective solutions. Activities include; flood defences, dams, water supply and water treatment plants, pumping stations, pipe networks, sewerage, wastewater treatment, and outfalls.
Our clients include local, national and global organisations, including water utilities and drainage authorities throughout the Ireland and the UK, as well as developers, architects, planners and contractors.
• Responsible for the preparation and successful completion of all Civil/Site deliverables.
• Produces technical calculations to high standards of quality using current computer software. Prepares technical specifications.
• Reviews work produced by others to ensure timely and accurate results. Completes performance evaluations for those assigned.
• Ensures compliance of design with all applicable standards and regulations, providing the seal and signature of the professional engineer when required by statute or contract.
• Provides technical consultations for interdisciplinary analytical studies and analyses.
• Conducts surveys, studies, site investigations.
• Provides field support for construction, particularly in the deployment and maintenance of erosion and sediment control features.
• Recommends and prepares technical papers.
• Helps determine budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule. May assist Section Supervisors with other administrative and technical duties.
To be successful in this role we would like to hear from candidates with the following;
Knowledge of water, wastewater, flood risk and highways drainage projects
Experience of working on water engineering or similar civil engineering projects
Excellent working knowledge of AUTOCAD.
Personal development plan to achieve Chartered Status. AECOM is an Engineers Ireland CPD accredited employer and actively encourages and supports staff in achieving chartership
Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel & Access.
Previous Engineering Consultancy and/or site experience
Full driving licence
Membership of Engineers Ireland, ICE, CIWEN or other recognized professional institutions
Working knowledge of FIDIC, NEC or Public Works Contracts preferred
Bachelor of Civil Engineering