AECOM are a leading global consultancy with nearly 600 professionals based in Ireland supported by an integrated network of nearly 90,000 experts in 150 countries. AECOM’s Water Infrastructure Team in Dublin is looking for a highly driven Principal Civil Engineer to provide regional technical leadership.
Working with a well-established multi-disciplinary team on a range of water infrastructure and wastewater infrastructure projects this role will see you contributing to, and leading projects throughout Ireland. Key clients will include ERVIA/Irish Water and local authorities in addition to supporting internal clients on other challenging projects.
This role will see you play a key role in delivering technical assignments, demonstrating leadership and mentoring to senior engineers and developing your project management skills and commercial acumen.
You will have an active role in contributing to reports and tenders and promoting excellence in all that we do.
To be successful in this role we would like to hear from candidates with the following;
• Extensive relevant professional experience
• Experience working on Water Infrastructure Projects within a dynamic consulting and design environment
• Experience of leading a multi-disciplinary team to complete technical project delivery.
• Experience in the production of water/wastewater treatment feasibility/appraisal studies.
• Experience in the production of outline and detailed civil engineering designs for major sewerage infrastructure and non-infrastructure schemes.
• Experience in maintaining internal project management systems e.g. health and safety, programming, and financial governance systems.
• Experience with either FIDIC/NEC/GCC suite of contracts.
• Detailed knowledge of one or more of the following; Clean water networks, pump stations, reservoirs and treatment works design. Waste water networks including gravity systems, rising mains and treatment works design. Surface water network including gravity networks, pump stations and outfalls. Flood risk assessments and alleviation measures
• Bachelor of Civil Engineering
Chartered status preferred (FEANI)
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity,The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.