We are currently recruiting for a Civil Engineer to join our Belfast Water Engineering team.
The Water team brings together the skills of project managers, hydrologists, flood engineers, water scientists, numerical modellers, and environmental and planning specialists to provide integrated, sustainable and cost-effective solutions. Activities include; flood defences, dams, water supply and water treatment plants, pumping stations, pipe networks, sewerage, wastewater treatment, and outfalls.
Our clients include local and national global organisations, including water utilities and drainage authorities throughout the UK and Ireland, as well as developers, architects, planners and contractors.
• Assisting with and preparing of technical designs for water related projects.
• Assisting with and preparing of technical specifications and reports.
• Developing civil designs and assessments and checking to time and budget.
• Ensuring all work is fully compliant with Health and Safety legislation, the CDM Regulations and other applicable codes.
• Undertake project technical/quality reviews and attend design reviews for projects.
• Undertake site visits as needed.
• Contribute to group initiatives with respect to technical development / market sectors and processes.
• Assist with project management, and build upon your knowledge to enable you to lead projects with progression.
• Assisting with and preparation of bid proposals and additional fee proposals.
To be successful in this role we would like to hear from candidates with the following;
Knowledge of water, wastewater, flood risk and highways drainage projects
Experience of working on water engineering or similar civil engineering projects
BEng level or equivalent in Civil Engineering or similar.
Excellent working knowledge of AUTOCAD.
On route to Chartered Engineer status with ICE, CIWEM or equivalent.
Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel & Access.
• Consultancy and/or site experience.
• MEng Civil Engineering
• Knowledge and use of 3D CAD
• Experience in water management, hydraulics and design projects would be an advantage.
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.